Random ramblings and things that are, well, random and informative. All photos used within are copyright Joe Hupp (or their respective owners) 2012-2015 and do not belong to the public domain. Any unauthorised use may lead to civil action. Feel free to reblog my posts
Today’s going to be a great day! Here’s my 5 positives instalment for today!
1. I can’t believe the rains are fallin’!
2. Gave a mate a phone call for his birthday – he subsequently invited me to do the next Haulin’ The Hume Vintage Truck Run…. it’s in 2017 and encompasses the old Hume Highway (Highway 31 – the Hume Highway links Sydney in NSW with Melbourne in Victoria and is also known as Sesame Street). This run covers Sydney to Yass…..
3. Medication is doing a great job of keeping me calm – I love the new me!
4. Loving doing this – best thing ever!
5. Looking forward to A Day On The Green…. bring it on!
Closing out with Amarillo by Morning by George Strait – filmed live at the NRG Astrodome in Houston, TX:
Forgot to do this last night so I am doing it now…. my five positives for Friday!
1. I love having friends who care about me!
2. Today was the end of the first week of my new medication – I feel so much better!
3. I feel absolutely fantastic!
4. Having the urge to stress out has disappeared!
5. Keeping my mind healthy will help me on the road to recovery!
Closing out with Blue Clear Sky from George Strait – this was filmed live at the NRG Astrodome in Houston, TX:
Tonight, I just want to share the positives from today! I am looking forward to sharing more of these as days go on!
1. I love the thought of being able to travel – travelling is a positive thing for me!
2. Having the ability to type how I feel is awesome – it’s one step on the road to recovery
3. The road to recovery will be slow – I plan on looking forward, not looking back
4. People may look at me weird – but I am me and the me I am will not change
5. I have learnt that music is a good relaxant – I listen to my iPod as soon as I arrive home from work to unwind from the fast-paced environment of work!
With that, I will close out this post with one of my all-time favourite Garth Brooks songs:
Today, I have been thinking about positivity – here is my positivity for today!
1. I am happy to be here talking about my experiences – I feel better knowing this!
2. I am lucky to have a job – I know a lot of people with anxiety aren’t so lucky
3. I’m lucky to have an amazing family – I have them to turn to if needed!
4. I’m thankful to a lot of people – those people know who they are!
5. I love having this to do daily!
Oh – in breaking news: T -3 days to A Day On The Green (another thing I am thankful for!)
Today’s positives aren’t positives, per se – I have quite a lot of people I am eternally grateful to and, in no particular order, these people are:
1. Paige Sinclair and her equally amazing team at Dolphin Marine Magic in Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia – I booked an in-water Shallow Dolphin Experience back at the end of February and mentioned it was for my birthday…. little was I to know what would be planned between then and the big day….. see https://joehupp2004.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/coffs-harbour-2015-and-a-birthday-i-will-never-forget/ for a day to day review of the trip (including the best day of my trip!)
2. My amazing friends – they are all helping me through this horrible time…. I never thought I would see the day I would be diagnosed with depression and anxiety in one package….
3. My employer – if it wasn’t for them back in 2006, I would be very lost and alone….
4. My colleagues – they are as awesome as my employer…. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else rather than with them as they make my days that little bit brighter!
5. My doctor – he is absolutely fantastic! He will make sure there’s no underlying causes of any symptoms before prescribing medications (except this time – we knew what worked last time!)
That’s today in a nutshell – stay tuned for tomorrow!
I’ve been asked to do a 5 Positives blog entry every day by a friend of mine – here’s day 1!
1. I had a better day at work than I did on Friday – the Eleva is surely helping!
2. I’m grateful to all my friends – especially those I work with, my besties and those that I haven’t met on Facebook! Y’all are the best!
3. I’m thankful I have a person who is willing to help me with any jobs I need done and will not criticise when I screw things up – this person is my mother’s half-brother!
4. I am thankful I have so many positive memories – those memories help me get through on tough days!
5. I’m thankful I have a great doctor – he is so caring, compassionate, understanding and helpful!
Today is almost finished – tomorrow is another day….. another day where my road to recovery continues! Stay tuned to this space for tomorrow’s instalment!
Day 2 on Eleva – am I feeling better? Well…. sort of…. my doctor said it might take up to 6 weeks to begin to have an effect on me. In the meantime, I will just keep on taking it as per his instructions….
In other news…. I have had an absolutely productive day today – got one of my lawn mowers (my lawn tractor style Murray ride-on) back in the grass…. that made me feel a bit better! Only problem is a rather sharp stabbing pain in the back of my leg…. climbing over the big moody sumbitch is hard because of the deck height lever being right there next to me!
Well – I haven’t updated everyone with the happenings of me…. so here it is!
I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday my time – it turns out I have depression, major anxiety and stress (according to my DASS 21 test – scores were 8/15/16). I have been put onto sertraline (Eleva 50) – I will be taking this for a fortnight then going back to my doctor for a follow-up. We will be putting together a Mental Health plan to try and get me back to where I want to be…. I hope to get better soon but I know it will be a long, hard road! Will keep you all updated as I go!
Hi folks! I had a thought today – I want to share some of my expansive coach travel “resume” with you all…. here it is! I will include vehicle details where I remember…
Coach trip 1 was with Ogden’s Coaches Dubbo. Brooks & Dunn, Sydney, May 2009. Mercedes-Benz O500RF-3, TV3908. I had brought myself this trip as a self-bought birthday present.
Each of the trips below were with Langley’s Coaches Dubbo.
Coach trip 2: Temora Aviation Museum, June 2011. Mitsubishi Rosa Deluxe, 5157MO. My first trip with Langley’s – and it sure as hell wasn’t the last!
Coach trip 3: Tamworth Country Music Festival, January 2012. Denning Landseer Super Decker, TV5580. My first trip to the mecca of country music in Australia – I had a ball and have done this trip twice after!
Coach trip 4: Canberra, March 2012. Scania K470EB 6×2*4, TV5594. This trip was to a Daniel O’Donnell concert at the National Convention Centre in Canberra. I was the youngest out of 46 people on the coach!
Coach trip 4: Tamworth Country Music Festival, January 2013. Scania K470EB 6×2*4, TV5594. Second trip to Tamworth. Had fun as this was quite a small group this year!
Coach trip 5: Tamworth Country Music Festival, January 2014. Scania K470EB 6×2*4, TV5594. Third trip to Tamworth…. had a little larger group than 2013…..
Coach trip 6: A Day on The Green, Mudgee, NSW, Australia, October 2014. Scania K94IB, TV7519. First time at this concert – had a ball! The highlight for me was seeing 5000 people singing along with Troy Cassar-Daley to an iconic Australian truck song, Lights On The Hill. It didn’t matter if they were country fans or not – they all sang along! See the video below for the original!
If you want to look up any particulars on the coaches mentioned in this blog, you can use this website: Bus Australia – you use the search function in the fourth box along on the top of the home page. Simply type the registration number (the number starting with TV) into the white search box – the Registration radio button is the default selection for searching – then press Enter!